Thursday, January 19, 2012

Robert's Guide to Social Media

I am a proud participant in Toastmasters. Being a Toastmaster has really helped me polish my presentation skills. I enjoy our meetings (although I can't attend as much as I want to because of business travel) and learn much from our other club members. If you have a need to develop presentation or leadership skills, I highly recommend joining a Toastmasters club in your area.

Here is a link to the Toasmasters International web site, where you can look for a club near you:
Here is the link to the web site for my club, Voices of Leadership, in High Point, NC
http://vol.freetoasthost.net/

I am giving a speech today at my Toastmasters club on social media. As part of my speech, I need to make some information available so that those who are interested can follow up on social media sites that they might be interested in. After my speech, I will post a PDF of my presentation. 

Here are the links to the social media sites that I will be discussing today:

General social networking
Google+: plus.google.com
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com
Yammer: www.yammer.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com

Blogging:
Blogger: www.blogger.com
Wordpress: http://wordpress.com/

Photo and video sharing
YouTube: www.youtube.com

Other web sites mentioned:
Wikipedia: www.wikipedia.org


No comments:

Post a Comment